What information do we collect?
We collect information that is only relevant for the provision of goods and services to you or your employer. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as personal information:
• Your name
• Workplace address
• Delivery and invoice address for goods and services
• Work e-mail address and any other e-mail address provided
• Work related telephone numbers including work mobile numbers and occasionally personal telephone numbers (if required for provision of goods or services and only with consent)
• Company or personal credit card or bank details, provided to facilitate payment for goods or services.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information in one of two main ways:
• When you contact us by e-mail, via our website, by telephone or face to face, we will, if relevant to your enquiry ask for your name, e-mail address, workplace address and telephone number
• Your contact details may be passed to us by a third party in reference to a specific project. We will check to ensure the third party has consent to pass these details to us.
How do we store your information?
We store data in two main ways:
• In paper form, stored in our office which is locked, alarmed and only accessed under supervision of / by permission of, the Company directors
• Electronically on computer devices and in the Cloud. Data is never stored electronically that can be accessed without the use of a password or passcode.
How will we use your information?
We use your information for the following tasks:
• Contacting you to provide technical information relating to an enquiry
• Provision of quotations, pro-forma invoices, order acknowledgements and order related documentation
• Keeping in contact during an ongoing project
• Provision of delivery notes and invoices after goods or services have been provided
• Subsequent contact via electronic or direct marketing methods relating to products and services that we consider relevant to your work or business.
Who will we share your information with?
We may in the course of our business activities share your information with:
• Our parent Company, Flux-Gerate GmbH
• Our accountant and HMRC for accounting purposes
• Government agencies such as HSE
• Law enforcement agencies, only if specifically requested to do so
Where you specifically authorise, we may also share your information with:
• Transport and shipping Companies, in order to facilitate delivery of goods.
How long will we keep your information?
We will store your data for a period of 15 years after last contact with you or a related Company. This time period was selected as we expect Flux products to remain in service for periods up to (or beyond) this period. Flux products can be serviced and repaired, therefore we reasonably expect to receive requests for parts, technical advice or product information for such a period after initial sale.
What are your rights?
• Right to rectification or deletion of your personal data
• Right to restriction of processing by the controller
• Right to object to the processing of data (in particular, the processing of data for reasons of marketing or advertising)
• Right to complain to a supervisory authority about unlawful data processing.